Sunday 19 May 2013

First plants going outside

Yesterday was a very wet day, so I used the time to good effect in the greenhouse. I mixed up some loam, compost, vermiculite and fertiliser to pot on some of my growing chrysanthemums.
The varieties completed were Max Riley, Clapham Delight, White and Cream, American Beauty, Cream and Dennis Gill.
They have all been potted into 9" pots with my special mix.

When the rain eased a bit I put them out into the bed we had made in April.
I am still not sure about the stopping of the chrysanthemums.
Which ones to do and how much to cut off them.
The Allouise Pinks I stopped some weeks ago have branched out as they are supposed to do. The tops I cut off them have also rooted and are growing well.
I will be potting the rest of my plants very soon.

Now that the weather is heating up a bit things are moving on quite nicely.





No comments:

Post a Comment